Yesterday I shared a fun Valentine's Day cocktail recipe with you. It's the perfect drink to make and serve if you're hosting an intimate dinner at home for you and your valentine. But, if you're drinking at home then let's not also forget a little something to eat to go along with it! Today I am sharing 10 recipes perfect for making at home for your sweetheart. Many of them are made for two, some of them are romantic, and others are just super festive and perfect celebrating a day that's all about love. So, here are my suggestions for a Valentine's dinner at home... time to get inspired!
1. Cherry, Prosciutto & Parmesan Crostini -- The perfect bites to get your dinner started off on the right foot-- or just to nibble on along with a strawberry thyme julep or a glass of bubbly.
2. Crostini with Honeycomb & Whipped Ricotta -- One of my favorite appetizers because the star ingredient is so unique and special-- and I tried the restaurant version of this for the first time on Valentine's Day!
3. Skillet Chicken Parm for Two -- The name says it all: a comforting dish (and one of my hubby's favorites) built just for two!
4. Brandy Apple Cider-Glazed Pork Medallions -- A little booze and some sweet apple cider dress up these pork chops and make them something special.
5. Orange Balsamic Glazed Lamb Chops -- I associate lamb chops with holidays and special occasions, so this is a perfect dish to whip out and impress your valentine!
6. Sun Dried Tomato & Feta Baked Shrimp -- I love this flavorful and easy shrimp dish. It looks super impressive like you slaved over it all day, but it comes together quickly.
7. Lemon Parmesan Risotto with Roasted Vegetables -- Go the meatless route and serve your valentine something delicious and cozy like this creamy vegetarian risotto for your date night in.
8. Creamed Spinach Twice-Baked Potatoes -- There is nothing romantic or sexy about a baked potato, but these steakhouse-inspired potatoes are pretty special and the perfect accompaniement to a Valentine's Day steak and red wine.
9. Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Pomegranate & Goat Cheese -- This salad is another simple, but special recipe-- and the bright pink flecks of pomegranate make it feel festive. Serve it alone, as a side dish, or topped with grilled chicken or seafood.
10. Prosecco Cupcakes with Prosecco Buttercream Frosting -- What could be more romantic, sweet, and festive than the combination of cupcakes and bubbly?