Here's a little rundown of what this mommy (and her baby) have been loving lately-- and seeing as today is Black Friday and Cyber Monday is approaching, consider this a holiday shopping list for any new moms, moms-to-be, or babies in your life too!
1. OXO Tot On-The-Go Drying Rack with Bottle Brush - This was so helpful on our recent trip to Boston! The brush comes apart and tucks neatly inside the drying rack, which folds in half into a compact little package that's easy to pack. This is perfect for drying bottles and pump parts that have been handwashed at a hotel.
2. Chewbeads Perry Necklace - It seems like Hannah has been teething for months, but for the last few weeks especially she's been putting everything in her mouth-- including my jewelry. Chewbeads must have been invented by a mom because they're really ingenious. Wear one of these discreet necklaces anywhere and your baby has a teething option readily available.
3. Stokke Tripp Trapp High Chair Complete Bundle - This is not an inexpensive high chair, but I'd consider it an investment. It looks cool (a plus since it is now front and center in my dining area), is well made, can be pulled right up to the table so Hannah can eat with us, and will grow with my child from infant high chair to toddler and child seats.
4. Sassy Ring O' Links - This is the simplest cheapest thing, but so great that I bought a second one after receiving one at my baby shower. These rings are always in Hannah's hands-- one of her favorite things to hold and chew on. They're also great for hooking toys to the car seat, hanging a purse or blanket off the stroller, and so small they can travel anywhere easily.
5. Beaba Babycook Baby Food Maker - While I had always planned to make Hannah's baby food from scratch, my initial plan was to use my own appliances to do so. Another mom friend with toddlers gave me her Babycook that she no longer needed and I have to say, I love it. It's so easy to fill with cubed produce, add water, steam, and then blend all in one vessel. And Hannah loves the food!
6. Skip Hop Lion Bandana Buddies Activity Toy - I picked this lion up as an impulse buy, but it has come to the forefront as one of Hannah's favorite toys. Even before she was as interactive as she is now, this lion could make her smile and laugh with all of it's different textures and noises. It's also a perfectly approachable size for baby.
7. Burt's Bees Baby Essential Organic Cotton Bibs - Since she's teething and also upright more often than not these days, Hannah drools and throws up pretty much all day long. In order to salvage her shirts, she's almost always sporting one of these bibs. They're made of the soft 100% cotton that I love from Burt's Bees products and most importantly, they're machine washable!
8. Ergobaby 360 Baby Carrier - Around 5 months old, Hannah decided she was all set with riding in the stroller. We had the Ergobaby 360 in her closet since before she was born and on a whim, took it with us on a visit to an apple orchard. She LOVES riding in this thing-- especially because she face outward and can see the world around her! I carry her around all the time in this now-- at the grocery store, on family walks, at the farmer's market... and unless she's super tired or cranky, she is always kicking her legs in excitement, smiling, and making friends with total strangers. And as the parent carrying her, I have to say it's a pretty easy system to put on, adjust, and it hasn't killed my back yet.
9. iPlay Solid Brim Sun Protection Hat - Unless you live in the south or are planning a trip somewhere warm soon (in which case, I am jealous), you may not have immediate use for this hat. However, on summer walks and on our trip to Boston this hat was in heavy rotation. It's soft and easy to pack and it's adjustable to snugly fit multiple head sizes (even big noggins like Hannah's) and it's wide brim and UPF 50+ material help protect your little one from harmful UV rays.
10. Evenflo Exersaucer Jump & Learn Jumper - Hannah is obsessed with this thing. Even before her feet could touch the ground in it, she loved sitting in the seat and interacting with all of the toys and sounds on it. Now that she's a little bigger and learning to balance, she's always excited to jump around in here, plus it gives her a higher vantage point than she's used to when playing on the floor so it's a nice change of pace for her to be able to see more of "the world" around our house too!