I'm approaching the end of my second trimester and my sister and best friend have been busy planning my baby shower, which means I've been busy learning everything there is to know about strollers, high chairs, and car seats... I'm a little overwhelmed! But in addition to all those necessities, I've also been having a lot of fun shopping for baby gifts of the fun, creative, and adorable varieties too. And one of the best places I've found to shop for cool baby gifts is Uncommon Goods.
Uncommon Goods is a great place to shop for unique gifts for anyone on your list, but if you're looking for something different for the parents-to-be or for something special for a new baby in your life, this is the place to get it. Not only does Uncommon Goods sell gifts that are cool and clever, but they're often made by independent artists and smaller manufacturers. Additionally, Uncommon Goods features a number of products that are made in a socially and environmentally responsible manner-- many are made of organic or recycled materials and never including fur or leather-- so you can really feel good about giving these gifts!
While it was a tough task, I checked out the Uncommon Goods Baby Gifts section and curated a list of my ten favorite gifts. So whether you're looking for a keepsake, something practical, or something that's just plain adorable, these are perfect unique gifts to bring to your next baby shower-- or to welcome a new little one to the world!
1. Wooden Pizza Slice Teether ($12.00) - If you're looking for a unique gift for a foodie baby (or a baby with foodie parents), this wooden pizza slice teether is the cutest! Made of solid maple with little "pepperoni" holes perfect for a baby's hand to grip, this gift couldn't be cuter. And it's made right here in Illinois!
2. Organic Cotton Teethers Veggie Crate ($28.00) - This is another super cute baby gift for the foodie family in your life. Each happy little vegetable is crafted out of organic Egyptian cotton. They're perfect for little ones to chew on and can grow with a child for fun pretend play when they're older.
3. Portachair Harness ($49.50) - As a mom-to-be who loves dining out, but who also lives in the city and is short on storage space, this gift checks all my 'must have' boxes for a baby gift! This harness rolls up and fits perfectly in a diaper bag and then fits securely onto the backs of numerous different chairs. So no matter where your travels or your hunger take you, baby always has a seat at your table too!
4. Lucy's Socks - Set of 6 ($26.00) - I immediately fell in love with these ladylike little socks by Trumpette and knew baby girl Colvin needed a set of her own! Each sock looks like a little jewel-toned ballet slipper and is adorned with a coordinating satin bow. It's a perfect gift for any stylish baby girl.
5. 2016 Birth Year Box ($48.00) - A contemporary spin on a classic baby keepsake gift. This trinket box is illustrated with an adorable little monkey, the Chinese animal symbol for babies born in 2016. Babies born in the Year of Monkey will be witty, curious, and clever. Sounds like Baby C. will keep us on our toes!
6. Lowercase Alphabet Blocks ($32.95) - Every kid needs a set of alphabet blocks. I love the look of these locally made (in Michigan!) blocks-- from the lowercase font to the baby animals displayed on each, this contemporary update on a classic educational toy is a wonderful addition to any modern baby's toybox.
7. Birth Announcement Pillows ($100.00) - I love the personalized aspect of these pillows. What a thoughtful gift for a new baby's arrival? Something like this would look perfect on the glider in our modern baby nursery!
8. Ice Cream Rattles - Set of 3 ($35.00) - How much do you love all of the food-themed baby gifts at Uncommon Goods? These sweet crocheted ice cream cone rattles are handmade from 100% bamboo yarn. They're a great gift alone, but would be so cute atop a wrapped gift or a diaper cake at a shower too!
9. Cheerful Elephant Baby Memory Book ($56.00) - Every mommy-to-be needs a baby book to save special memories in. It's hard to find a really cute one though, and this book fits the bill. I love its whimsical look and the organza bow on the cover.
10. Baby Fortune Cookie Booties ($29.00) - Uncommon Goods has all kinds of adorable foodie booties for babies (like strawberries and tacos!), but I loved how cozy these looked-- and the fact that they come with an actual fortune inside, all tucked into this adorable takeout box!
Editor's Note: This post was sponsored by Uncommon Goods, however all opinions expressed here are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support A Squared!