Among the many things that I love about fall, the food has to be at the top of the list! Hearty fall produce makes for some of the most flavorful dishes of the year-- and squash is one of my favorite ingredients to cook with at this time of year. Whether it's pumpkin, acorn, spaghetti, or butternut (my favorite!), there are millions of different ways to cook with squash... and they're all delicious! It was tough to narrow down, but here are 10 of my favorite fall recipes featuring squash:
1. Butternut Squash with a Rosemary Pecan Parmesan Crust - I can't even tell you how good this flavor combination is... and the presentation is so lovely, that this squash would be right at home on the Thanksgiving table!
2. Healthy Fall Pasta with Roasted Butternut Squash - An easy, healthy, flavorful meatless pasta dinner featuring sweet roasted butternut squash. It doesn't get better than that!
3. Sweet & Spicy Butternut Squash White Pizza - Pizza is one of my favorite foods all year round, but with butternut squash, sage, and bacon it becomes a totally fall appropriate dinner.
4. Cherry Pecan Pumpkin Bread - Pumpkin isn't just for pie, but also one of my favorite ingredients for fall baking. Try it with chewy dried cherries and toasted pecans in this breakfast bread!
5. Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Maple Dijon Dressing - This salad is not only beautiful, but full of flavor. It's the perfect starter for a fall dinner, meatless lunch, or just add grilled chicken for a satisfying dinner salad.
6. Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins - Pumpkin and chocolate is a genius combination. Enjoy those flavors in these hearty muffins bulked up with oats!
7. Spicy Roasted Butternut Squash & Chipotle Soup - Add some heat to the sweetness of butternut squash in this creamy warming soup.
8. Ravioli with Cream Acorn Squash Sauce - Squash on squash in this recipe with a simple creamy acorn squash sauce ladled over sweet butternut squash ravioli. It just tastes like fall.
9. Tomato & Mozzarella Roasted Spaghetti Squash - This cheesy flavorful baked squash is the perfect way to put a healthy twist on pasta night. Add a few meatballs if you prefer a non-meatless meal.
10. Butternut Squash Ravioli with Pears & Walnuts - Pears and walnuts (and a little sage) are a wonderful way to dress up butternut squash ravioli. Adding fruit to your pasta may sound odd, but trust me-- this one is a can't miss!