1. If you could wear a nail polish color for life, what would the color be? This is a funny question for me because I have been an anxious nail biter for about as long as I have had teeth, so I rarely have painted nails... if I had to pick though, I am definitely partial to Essie - Master Plan. All about gray polish!
2. Who/What is your fashion inspiration? My overall personal style is simple and classic, but with some drama in the details like chunky jewelery or a bold pop of color. My inspiration comes from timeless designers like Ralph Lauren, the structured shapes and patterns of the 1960s (I am all about a shift dress), and Jackie-- the Onassis, not Kennedy years.
3. What is the passion behind your blog? Food! I love to eat it, to make it, and to share it with the people I love. Though the blog started as a way to keep friends and family in the know on what's happening in our lives, the posts that I really loved writing were the recipe posts and the updates on our adventures in Chicago-- and that's how the blog naturally evolved into what it is today.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Right here in my new[ish] condo, of course. Although this time of year in Chicago does make me wonder if living somewhere that's more temperate all year round (like northern California or the Carolinas) might be where it's at.
6. Favorite song at the moment? "Thinking Out Loud" by Ed Sheeran. I just can't get it out of my head.
7. Flats or Heels? Honestly, flats. I love to break out my heels occasionally, but I am a flats girl and I own tons of them: ballet flats, boat shoes, driving mocs... I own them all. I'm on the go a lot and walking a puppy and I just can't do all of that successfully in heels.
8. Who would you most like to see in a concert front row? Right now it's a toss up between Billy Joel down the street at Wrigley Field or Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett at Ravinia.
9. If you could relive any moment in your life, which would you choose? Reliving my wedding day is probably the most obvious choice-- and it was wonderful, so I would relive it every day too. I would also love to relive any of the moments of the semester I spent abroad in Italy. I definitely didn't appreciate it as much as I could have as a 21-year old college student. I'd make the most of it if I could relive it again.
10. How did you come up with your blog name? A Squared originally began shortly after my wedding as a way to keep far away friends and family updated on what was happening in our lives. A Squared was a play on our names-- Anne and Alex. It doesn't truly apply anymore, but I would have a hard time parting with the name now that this blog is 3 years old!
11. Blog goals for 2015? To continue making A Squared better by creating more thoughtful content, taking better photos, and partnering with reputable bloggers and brands. I'm excited for what the future holds for this blog!
I now nominate:
- Katie from Live Half Full
- Erin from Color Me Styled
- Amanda from The Ghost Guest
- Rachel from An Eventful Life
- Sara from Project Soiree
- Christina from Chritiques
- Lauren from Lake Shore Lady
- Paige from Tomatoes for Cucumbers
- Sapna from The Vegetarian Tourist
- Lauren from I Had a Big Lunch
And my questions for these ladies are...
1. If you could eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
2. If you could lunch with any 3 ladies-- alive or dead-- who would they be?
3. What inspired you to begin blogging?
4. What was your biggest accomplishment of 2014?
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
6. Favorite song at the moment?
7. Chocolate or vanilla?
8. What was the best restaurant you visited in 2014?
9. If you could relive any moment in your life, which would you choose?
10. How did you come up with your blog name?
11. Blog goals for 2015?