Blog: Honey and Birch
Location: Chicago, IL
Now, tell us about your...
1. Favorite meal, food, or cuisine: I love spicy food so Mexican cuisine is top on my list.
2. Least favorite meal, food, or cuisine: I strongly dislike clams and oysters - I can't get over the texture.
3. Favorite restaurant in your city: Uncommon Ground on Clark.
4. Favorite food memory: Watching my grandma cook. She would never allow us to write down her recipes - instead she wanted us to learn the recipes by watching her. My memories of her inspire me to cook more each day.
5. Favorite guilty pleasure food: Doritos. I have to refrain from buying them because I can't stop eating them once I open up a bag.
6. Favorite ingredient (something you love to cook with, or something you see on a menu and know you have to order): Arugula/rocket. It's a great addition to pizzas, breakfast sandwiches and just about everything else.
7. Favorite kitchen tool, utensil, product, etc.: My KitchenAid mixer is my most beloved kitchen tool.
8. Favorite recipe: Duck fat chocolate chip cookies. A guilty pleasure - once I start eating them, I can't stop.
9. Favorite thing about blogging: Meeting new friends. Blogging has brought me in contact with people who enjoy the same things as me - writing, eating and taking photos.
10. Five favorite blogs/blogs that A Squared readers should know about:
Local Milk - http://localmilkblog.com/
Solid Gold Eats - http://solidgoldeats.com/
Dad Cooks Dinner - http://dadcooksdinner.com/
Seasonal and Savory - http://www.seasonalandsavory.com/
Love Bakes Good Cakes - http://www.lovebakesgoodcakes.com
Thanks so much for your thoughts, Jenny!
Do you have a blogger that you'd recommend to be featured on the Tastemaker Top 10? Or are you a blogger that would like to participate? Email me at email@example.com and let me know!