It's my favorite time of year again-- and one of my favorite things about the holiday season is gift giving. I love giving unique and thoughtful gifts, so I'm going to be sharing a few gift guides with you over the next few weeks-- all food-themed, of course. This first one includes some of my favorite gifts for the Chicago foodie. These ten items are all made locally-- either here in Chicago or in the surrounding Midwest states-- and are the perfect way to shop local and to gift something totally delicious:
1. Lillie's Q Barbecue Sauce - Lillie's Q is one of my favorite Chicago BBQ joints. I can't get enough of their Carolina sauce! Lucky for us, Crate & Barrel sells a variety of Lillie's sauces-- available in store and online.
2. Spice House Ethnic Chicago Neighborhoods Spice Blends Deluxe Gift Box - This gift box includes 10 custom spice blends inspired by historic Chicago neighborhoods. I am partial to the Taylor Street Cheese Blend, Lakeshore Drive, and Ukrainian Village blends. Plus, Spice House gift boxes are always beautifully packaged with bay leaves, cinnamon sticks, and nutmeg. Such a great touch!
3. Wisconsin Sampler Cheese Basket - It may be cliche, but Wisconsin does make some seriously good cheese. This basket includes some of my favorites like Bellavito Merlot and Roth Kase Grand Cru Gruyere along with Wisconsin honey.
4. Original Chocolate Turtle Terrapins Gift Box - Kohler, Wisconsin is famous for plumbing fixtures, an amazing spa and resort, and these delicious little chocolate caramel pecan candies. Alex and I couldn't get enough of these when we visited and made sure to bring extras home-- for us and our friends.
5. Chateau Chantal Riesling 3-Pack - One of my favorite northern Michigan wineries, Chateau Chantal is known for its Riesling. This gift box includes bottles of their Tonight Sparkling Wine, Semi-Dry Riesling, and Late Harvest Riesling packaged in a beautiful wooden crate.
6. Nielsen-Massey Vanillas - For the baker in your life, Nielsen-Massey Vanillas are produced in the Chicago suburbs and use the highest quality Madagascar vanilla. The bottles are beautiful and you can truly taste the quality.
7. Lettuce Entertain You Gift Cards - The Lettuce Entertain You group includes some of my favorite restaurants in Chicago-- and a few outside the city too! Gift these gift cards so your favorite Chicago foodie can dine at some of LEYE's best restaurants like Stella Barra Pizzeria, Mon Ami Gabi, and Restaurant Beatrix.
8. Le Sirop by Femme du Coupe - These syrups are crafted in Chicago and perfect for adding amazing and unique flavor to your cocktails. My mom and I love the honey lavender variety (great in a St. Germain cocktail), but I am totally intrigued by this Winter Spice variety too!
9. Revolution Brewing Company Gift Cards & Gear - Locally brewed in Chicago, Revolution Brewing Company is one of the city's most popular local beers. Their store sells great swag like koozies, tee shirts, and bar signs, and their Logan Square brew pub serves up amazing beer and food like bacon fat popcorn... yum.
10. American Spoon Pantry - I am obsessed with American Spoon. This Michigan-based company produces amazing snacks and condiments from local produce and ingredients. This pantry box includes all of their most popular jarred condiments. I'm a huge fan of the Cherry BBQ Grilling Sauce, Whole Seed Mustard, and Apple Butter.