The Tastemaker Top 10 is a collection of 10 questions asked by me and answered by some of my favorite bloggers. Here they will tell you a little bit about themselves, their blogs, and of course, their favorite foods and restaurants. Today we are talking to Meredith Haynes, a busy writer behind two blogs and mommy to two super cute kids (twins!). Meredith and I met IRL a few years back thanks to our mutual good friend Julie and since then I have loved following her life as a mom to twins on A Work In Progress. She has an amazing sense of humor and also takes the best photos of her adorable kids!
Name: Meredith Haynes
Blog: A Work In Progress (personal) and Twin Talk Blog
Location: Dallas, Texas
In a few sentences, tell us a little bit about your blog. A Work in Progress began seven years ago as a simple way to record the details of our engagement and wedding. Since then it has seen us through several vacations, two (almost three!) moves, and two precious babies. When I was pregnant with Jude & Sloane I couldn't find twin-related books/websites/blogs. I decided to take matters into my own hands and started Twin Talk Blog this past March, which has been an absolute blast. I've loved getting to know fellow twin moms all over the world!
Now, tell us about your...
1. Favorite meal, food, or cuisine: This is quite possibly the hardest question of the bunch! I think my favorite meal would be a blue cheese bacon burger (extra blue cheese, please) with a side of fried okra. I have no idea why my cholesterol is so high.
2. Least favorite meal, food, or cuisine: I'm a picky eater (I hate this about myself) so it's hard to narrow down the list. I have no use for tomatoes and wish they'd just disappear. And don't get me started on mushrooms or coconut.
3. Favorite restaurant in your city: There are so many great restaurants in Dallas! Rise Nº 1 Salon De Souffle is amazing. I try a different souffle each time and have loved them all. Make sure to order their "Marshmallow Soup" (the marshmallow is actually goat cheese)! I also love its charm - reminds me of Anthropologie.
4. Favorite restaurant outside of your city: If you ever make grand vacation plans to the great city of Fort Smith, Arkansas, you must go to Rolando's and order the tilapia with tequila and caper sauce.
5. Favorite food memory: My husband and I honeymooned in Maui and went to Nick's Fish Market on our last night. The sushi appetizer was life-changing. We had a great table outside and it was the perfect way to end a fabulous trip.
6. Favorite guilty pleasure food: We have "Domino's Monday" at our house. This tradition began once the twins arrived and I'm not sure we've missed a week (they are almost two). We order the same thing every time: Triple cheese, light on tomato sauce. Mondays are always rough for both of us (Michael is back at work, twins are on detox after a fun weekend with family) so the last thing we want to think about is cooking dinner that night!
7. Favorite ingredient (something you love to cook with, or something you see on a menu and know you have to order): Since I've already mentioned blue cheese, my other great love is shrimp. And if the recipe happens to include scallops... well, you've got yourself a new best friend.
8. Favorite kitchen tool, utensil, product, etc.: My Keurig. It's a sight for sore eyes every morning.
9. Favorite thing about blogging: I've found fellow bloggers to be some of the kindest, most supportive people I've (never actually) met. I've always loved to write and my blog has been an outlet for me to share a funny story or a heartfelt post. It's also a great reference guide because my memory is completely shot.
10. Five favorite blogs/blogs that A Squared readers should know about: Elements of Style, Small Fry, Atlantic-Pacific, Mommy Shorts, The PJ's: Party of Five
Thanks so much for your thoughts, Meredith!
you have a blogger that you'd recommend to be featured on the
Tastemaker Top 10? Or are you a blogger that would like to participate?
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know!