It's hard to believe, but Saturday marked A Squared's third birthday. And what started as a little blog to keep me busy in my downtime has certainly turned into more than I ever could have imagined. This little blog went from being a side project to fill my free time to being what has basically become a second job... but it's a job that I love and one that has afforded me some amazing opportunities: I have attended some unforgettable events (the grand opening of Eataly, Wine Riot, and a lobster boil/beer launch boat cruise, to name a few), met a few celebrity chefs (shout outs to Rick Bayless, Marc Murphy, and Georgia Pellegrini), made some great new blogger and foodie friends (hey ladies!), stretched my creative cooking muscles, learned how to take better food photos, and most importantly, connected with all you food lovers out there for the past three years. In the past year though, even though life has gotten busier and I've scaled back on my posting I think that this blog has really come into its own. And I hope you agree.
So, to commemorate A Squared's third birthday, today I am sharing a special Top 10 list with you. This is a list of the top 10 most popular recipes on A Squared. It's a collection of 10 great recipes that happen to be your favorites. And for me, it's a fun walk down memory lane...
1. Hungarian Kiffles - One of the first holiday baking recipes that I ever posted. The photos left a bit to be desired, but these pastries were a delicious nod to my Hungarian heritage and my love of the holiday season.
2. Chicken, Asiago & Sun-dried Tomato Quesadillas with Greek Yogurt Dip - A tasty recipe born from leftovers, I never imagined it would get so much traction. But the proof is in the taste-- from the cheesy quesadillas right down to the tangy dipping sauce.
3. Roasted Butternut Squash with a Rosemary Pecan Parmesan Crust -This recipe was just posted this month, but has already blown up on social media. It's super delicious and simple and I'll be making a new version of it for Thanksgiving this week too.
4. Zucchini, Caramelized Onion & Ricotta Flatbread - I love a good pizza, but you guys really seem to love a veggie pizza-- and this one in particular. This white pizza is sweet, savory, and very satisfying.
5. Baked Rosemary, Thyme & Parmesan Potato Chips - One of my favorite new ways to prepare potatoes and one of the most popular posts of the past few months.
6. Warm Quinoa, Spinach & Sweet Potato Salad - This healthy recipe is full of great fall flavor and the perfect lunchtime salad. I don't often post quinoa recipes, but you all really loved this one.
7. Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts & Sweet Potatoes - A vegetable side dish that has become a staple on our Thanksgiving table. I love the combination of flavors and textures in this side dish-- it tastes like fall!
8. Spicy Black Bean Tomato Soup - This meatless recipe became hugely popular with all of you vegetarian and vegan readers out there. It's filling, spicy, and full of flavor... basically, the perfect winter soup.
9. Beach Bar Tomato Soup - Many of you have found your way to A Squared by Googling "Beach Bar Tomato Soup" or "Beach Bar Tomato Soup Clark Lake" because you've had this infamous soup at its namesake Michigan restaurant. Because this was one of my earlier recipes, the photos are atrocious but that didn't stop many of you from pinning the recipe-- you know a good soup when you see/taste one!
10. Caprese Spaghetti Squash Bake -You all love a meatless recipe! I wasn't even planning on posting this one when I first came up with it-- it was intended to be a quick and easy meatless Monday dinner to use up some leftover ingredients in my fridge. Instead, you all fell in love with it.
Thank you all for the comments, follows, recipe recreations, and support. Cheers to the past 3 years of A Squared and many more to come!